Monday 24 September 2007

A sojourn

Finally I've managed to get hold of the doctor. It was good to hear his voice. Because of the nature and duration of my sessions, I have an emotional attachment to him, mainly because he often acts as a surrogate father. Have decided to pick up my meds tomorrow and resume sessions. At least though I've 'tested the water' and can now see how far I've come and how far I have to go!

Last night I managed to go out, despite some anxiety. It probably helped that I had spent a nice afternoon/early evening with a friend because this gave me the confidence to be outside again without any fears. For some reason panic attacks with me cause a little agoraphobia so forcing myself not to stay in and fester and face my fears was a good thing. In fact, it was a big step and I'm glad I took it. It helped that I was meeting my new friend, who is completely sympathetic and understanding of my plight, without her I wouldn't have done it.

So, things are looking up again, although resuming my sessions is not exactly fun and I'm not looking forward to the inevitable nausea I'll get when I start my meds again.