Sunday 25 February 2007

A day of peace and solitude!

Feeling much better today. Only had a little anxiety yesterday so I went out for lunch with a friend and felt fine. Spent last night exploring my past. I have done this through various means in the last few months and found it very beneficial. The first thing I did was to acquire and look at old photos from my childhood. This helped me to remember some of my old self and provides data for imagery work. I then listened to a lot of old music from teen years which again helped to unleash parts from another part of my life. The final thing I did was to play some old video and arcade games. It’s amazing how the sounds and tunes and the feelings of playing those games has really helped! I woke up today after spending last night exploring old classics like Paperboy, Return of the Jedi and some other more obscure classics, feeling calm and at peace. I therefore recommend trying these ideas if you are going through something like this yourself. I’ve also watched old TV shows on Google video and You Tube which again trigger a lot of old very deep memories.

It’s nice not feeling anxious for a change and I hope I can hold onto this feeling, I guess this is the overall goal, to feel like this all the time. Whether I do of course remains to be seen, but I feel optimistic right now. Maybe my journey of self discovery is finally doing some good!