Saturday 17 February 2007

My body takes over

Just had an anxiety attack. My throat felt like it was going to make me vomit my soul out of me. Spoke to friends online but it didn´t help as much as I would have liked so I phoned my doctor. We spoke for about twenty minutes and he helped to calm me down. Now I feel better but don´t think I can go to this work ´do´. It´s too much pressure to be in public and have to perform so I ´ll have to phone and cancel. The good thing is I haven´t resorted to valium or alcohol, just mint tea to help the nausea. He told me to be calm, read a book, realise I´m not going to be sick and try and let my symptons pass naturally. They are not permenant and panicking will only prolong the process. He thought the cause was a combination of the work event, my singer leaving and removing the phone number of my ex because this finalises the abandonment process for good. It´s amazing how small, ordinary events set me off! I wonder what´s next?

I´m tired and dizzy now and a firework bang just made me jump out of my skin!