Monday 5 March 2007

Anxiety down, life up!

Had a good weekend finally! Went out for drinks (non-alcoholic!), little anxiety and no attacks. I guess I'm finally getting stronger at last. Have found that not drinking coffee also helps heaps so I can really recommend it if you're a sufferer of anxiety. Found a great and moving video of someone having a panic attacks on YouTube so if you're interested check out : this video, it almost made me cry!

Told my sister about my difficulties and she was very supportive, although she doesn't understand completely what I'm going through. This is one of the most diifcult things about this whole thing, is deciding who to tell, who not to and how much to reveal. I think though that the more people you tell and therefore the less you hide your feelings, the beter you feel. Of course you have to get a balance and not solely talk about it as it can get people down a little and the last thing you need is to push away your friends or drive them crazy!

Still, going through an 'up' phase right now so fingers crossed I'm heading towardds the light at the end of the tunnel and have stopped hanging out with the devil and the darkness that surrounds him!