Thursday 15 March 2007

Doctor or guru?

Am still poorly so feeling a little 'down'but nothing Psychologically rated! Because I was wiped today and have had few problems this week I decided to ask my Doctor to teach me some meditation. Surprisingly (to me at least!) he thought it was a very good idea and has had some experience himself. So, we did a half hour training session and he taught me how to relax certain muscles in my body individually and how to breathe properly and I must admit I felt great afterwards. The doc commented that this is a good idea for me as it helps to teach my brain to control my body (and thus not the other way around as happens with my panic attacks!) and I also like the idea that I'm controlling myself, something my kind of personality needs. All in all a good day (and week really!) and little by little I'm feeling like my old self!