Thursday 22 March 2007

Night of the living dead!

Last night was horrible! Went to bed around 2am and my heart was beating like a fucked clock! Spent hours tossing and turning and although I thought my anxiety attack had subsided I couldn´t sleep because I felt tired yet my body was racing like an athlete seeking a gold medal. My heart was also pounding away which kept me awake and meant that my body temperature was higher than usual so I felt discomfort and unable to nod off. This reinforces my belief that Psychological illness and physical illness go hand in hand and can´t be seperated. Still, although I get anxiety attacks from time to time, it´s much better than "full on panic attacks" and the frequency is much lower now. Am going to the doctor tomorrow so I can try and find the cause of this as although I had some coffee yesterday, I don´t think it was an excessive amount and maybe all of this was caused by me forgetting my pills!

Today I´m great though, almost feel too good. Perhaps this is another part of the process although I am yet to understand it!

Sweet dreams!

NB For those who are interested I have a put a new link to Schema Therapy under "Sites of relevance"